Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Well tomorrow's the big day of the concert. It's probably going to be the shortest concert in the history of all time. We only have four songs to go through so the introduction and the bows will take longer than all of the songs together. They were going to have the choir sing on Wednesday night when the band played, but I said that I couldn't do it on a Wednesday because I have church. So I'm not going to complain about the shortness of the concert since it's partly my fault.

On one of the songs that were singing starts out with a solo/duet part that we decided to turn into a trio part. Almost all of the kids in the choir wanted to audition for it, but we narrowed it down to two sets of three girls and then finaly just down to the one group. But the sad new is that we lost one of the girls in the trio because she beat up another girl after school on Monday and is now suspended and who knows if she will ever come back. And then today another girl from the now duet didn't show up to school, so it may become a solo after all. And the ironic thing is, that the girl that got beat up was one of the girls in our second choice group for the trio part, so we can' t even trade groups. This poor girl can't even open her mouth more than a 1/2", and I think that her jaw is broken or something like that. Who knows who started it all or whether it was deserved, but I think they both ought to be spanked.

On a lighter note, Mr. Trimbal had me direct warmups today while he logged the attendance record into the computer. It was fun standing up there acting like I know what I'm doing and these kids actually (kinda) listening to me. It wasn't that big of a deal, just one of those things that changes the pattern of my day and makes me happy. :-)

Well I'm going to stop wasting minutes of my precious sleep time. I'll talk to you all later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the concert goes well, an as in show business, Go break a leg!
Radar

It's a good life said...

WHY, OH WHY, DO PEOPLE THINK VOILENCE SOLVES EVERYTHING?! WHAT KIND OF A WWWWOOORRRLLLDD DO WE LIVE IN ANYWAY????!!!! OH!!! THE TERROR OF IT ALL!!!
LOL... (I was trying to make it a little dramatic... how'd i do/)hehe.
love ya lots. emily

Happy Girl said...

Em,
Ya, you definitly did a great job of the drama! Thanks for the notes yesterday. I guess that means that you saw my room huh...gross eh? Ok, well maybe that's not the word for it, well maybe it is. :-) But I have tried to clean it. About a thousand times I think. Or was it a thousand and one? And it never seems to get better. Oh well, maybe I'll work on it tomorrow, or even the next day..or the next. :o) Love you lot's.
Lanae`