Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Day three and four!!!!

We almost melted at Disney world yesterday, instead we settled for the wilted look. It was the same story as usual with foster, at first he was timid and then he was allover the place. We ended up taking him on every ride in the park (besides the baby rides) and that includes the space mountain rollercoaster. So all in all it went well. I will never come here on spring break though. Oh there was allot of people. And it was ok but any more would have been just annoying. But any who.

After Disney we drove here to Tampa, it was about 11:30 before we got to bed. Well, actually we seemed to keep up the vacation tradition of staying up past 12. This hotel is really nice, all business and class. And then….dun dun da……the Clarks arrive!!! We pull up to the front entrance, a gentleman comes and opens my door and then Foster’s, he goes to greet Dad and figure our parking and such, but we didn’t quite understand that this was a valet only hotel, so when the guy wanted our keys it was kind of confusing. We go inside to check in and Dad is in his swimming trunks and Hawaiian shirt, Foster and I are in our Bermuda shorts, tee shirts, and sandles. Normal right for a person visiting florida, right? Well all I’m seeing in this vast and gorgeous lobby is men and ladies in suits and dress wear. Ok, so we’re talking sore thumb extreme. But it’s all good, it’s late nobody really cares. So we go back to the car to get our luggage and I start getting it out of the car and one out of the ten guys just standing there waiting to help come rushing over with one of their carts, And Dad and him finish doing the luggage while I sift through the the mcdonalds bags, paper plates, misc. car stuff that gets thrown all over the place and ends up falling on the ground when you open doors. Talk about funny! But we’re just getting started. Dad’s in at the back of the car all the while telling the guy not to mind us because we’re used to $29.99 a night motels, and then trying to talk the guy into letting us take our own luggage up to our room. He tried to ignore Dad at first and just do his job, but Dad was persistent so he finally let us have the cart. And we had almost made it to the elevator when another one of them comes running over apologizing for us having it. It was a very awkward ride all the way up to the 27th floor. The guy tried conversation about something or other. I don't really remember, it was the usual questions like: are you enjoying your vacation? And then telling us that the spa and pool was on the third floor. (like we're going to use the spa!) :0) And then Dad told him that we're not really use to this, and he could just call us joe hick. hahahaha. I smiled, it was all I could do not to burst out laughing at how weird we looked. It was quite the procedure getting into the room but well worth it since it's really nice here.

This morning I went down to the conceirge desk and looked into shopping in the area. Well, let's just say that there aren't any real stores, just places that think it's normal to spend $110 for a shirt. Hello? We're talking about real people here who shop at walmart and are dragging their little brother up and down the streets by foot and trolly. He did really well, well as good as could be expectetd, but that could have to do with the fact that I bribed him with cold stones creamery. Actually, I "rewarded" him for his great behavior. Sounds way more political huh?

We just kind of hung out for most of the day and spent a while down at the pool but it was good to not really have anywhere to go. Tonight Dad and I tried figureing out the rest of the trip. The final verdict is that he's going to figure it out. I am way to opinionated to go with the flow every time that he changes his plan. So I'll just go along with what ever happens.

I'm actually excited though because Dad is going aligator hunting on thursday night so we will be out in the middle of no where. I like staying in the city but I don't feel like I got the actuall experiance of the state.

Foster and I will be going to the aquarium down the street tomorrow. It should be fun because not only do they have the aquarium but also a water area to play in. So it will be cool for us to have something to do.

So I'm done rambling on now. But maybe I'll down load a few pictures before heading out to bed. Love you all!

3 comments:

blondevue... said...

O'my, this sounds worse than Dad, Mason and I in our Chicago hotel last year!
And Lanae`, try to learn to just let the guys get the luggage.
I always thought that guys did it because they thought us incapable, but after the trip to N.Carolina, I find...that they are just being nice. And I hear guys are actually supposed to do it. Not to each his own, hmm...interesting... =)
The hotel actually sounds like something you could get used to Lanae`, you've always dressed a bit dressier than most people here in hippy-town!
Have fun at the aquarium tomarrow.
Love and miss you,
your big and almighty sis, hehehe!

Happy Girl said...

Ya, well I was fine with them getting the bags for me, that's why I went to the front of the car. It was Dad and Foster that kept the poor guy running in circles when all they were trying to do is make his job easier. :o)

Happy Girl said...

Wait! Almighty Big sis huh? Well although it kind of has a ring to it, I'm not sure how much I like it. :-0