Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Day Six!!!!!

Ok so here we are going back in time to last Thursday where I left off:


Dad came back to the hotel around noon and we dragged all of our stuff down to our car and headed out. The drive went well. Actually I take that back. It didn't go "bad" but there was room for improvement! First off, Dad had gotten instructions from the lady at the "sportsmans lodge" where we would be staying in east side. She said that going this way would be faster and that there were only like 3 little towns on the way there and they wouldn't slow us down too much. Well come to find out there were like ten towns and the speed limit averaged at like 50 instead of 70 like the other way would have.

And speaking of speed limits... We were coming off one highway that was 70mph and turning on to another and Dad was on the phone with work and I had my seat down and was resting, so neither of us noticed when the speed turned to 60. That is until the sirens came up behind us. the police said that he clocked us in at 73. Which was probably about right. So the verdict on that one was a $155 dollar fee and 3 points. Or was it 4? I guess that the points can be dismisssed if he takes this on line class (which he plans on doing) but it's not really going to help the fee. So Dad's real excited about that, naturally.

We got in to town around 7. Well I can't really call it a town, village would be more appropriate. It was really cute but tiny. Dad got in contact with his aligator guys and met them around 9 that night while I stayed at the hotel. Sleeping didn't come as easlily as I thought it should. But that could have to do with the fact that there were probably bugs in that room. And yes Tori, I did your routine check on the bed. And thankfully found nothing. If I had I don't know what I would have done there's not really anywhere to run. You go outside and it's like jumping from the pan into the fire! But any who, God blessed and made sure that all the bugs stayed under the bed and didn't crawl in with me. :-)

No comments: